In the age of digital marketing, you have the option of choosing any platform to advertise your products and services. However, it is important that you choose wisely in order to get maximum profits from these advertisements. Therefore, many marketing experts recommend Facebook as the best way to reach a particular customer demographic easily. This is because Facebook advertising is the most targeted form of advertisement available on the internet. You have the option of advertising your product and services to people by using many subcategories that fit your ideal customer demographic. You can advertise by age, interests, behavior, and even location to engage with your customers better.
How to set up a campaign on Facebook?
In order to set up an advertisement campaign on Facebook, you need to follow a step-by-step process that is mentioned below:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click on create a campaign button.
- Select the goal you want to reach.
- Enter the name of your campaign.
- Click on the continue button.
- Now you need to set your audience demographic.
- Add your business address and adjust the radius around it with the help of a slider to use the location targeting feature for your campaign.
- Click on add locations in the bulk button to use location targeting for multiple stores.
- Enter specifications in the detailed targeting box to target your customer using other features.
- Select the placements of your choice.
- Set the schedule for your campaign and specify your budget.
- To optimize your ad delivery, choose the Show advanced options button.
- In order to set how many times you want your advertisement to be shown to the same person, use the frequency cap feature.
- Click on the continue button.
- Select the format of your advertisement from image and video ads, carousel ads, and slideshow ads.
- You also have the option of adding a call-to-action button.
- Click on confirm when your campaign is ready to be published.
What types of ads can you create with Facebook?
There are a variety of advertisement formats available on Facebook for advertising your products. For each type of business product, different advertisements work best, therefore, it is vital to try all types before determining which is the best option for your business.
- Boosted Posts
- Carousel Ads
- Dynamic Ads
- Image Ads
- Instant Experience Ads also called Canvas Ads
- Lead Ads
- Slideshow Ads
- Video Ads
- Video Poll Ads
The importance of targeting specific demographics
Demographic refers to the concept of a statistically coherent characteristic of a population of living organisms. It can be gender, religion, caste, culture, ethnicity, education, age, family size, income, hair type, etc. It is essentially the classification of a populace on the basis of a particular characteristic of interest. Demographics are often used to target specific groups of people who are more likely to buy your product in digital marketing. Identifying your demographic is essential to marketing your product because it provides a clear picture of whom your business is serving and how you can manage it.
Check Out: How To Efficiently Use Display Advertising
A good example of using demographics to target specific customers is an advertisement of a high-quality full-volume mascara to a female audience in the age range of 15 to 45 years. This is not because only women of ages between 15 to 45 buy mascara but because this specific type of audience of customers is more likely to buy that mascara than a man whose age is between 15 to 45 years.
Reasons why you should use video ads in your campaigns
According to a 2021 video marketing study posted on Wyzowl, around 98% of users admit to watching a video that explains a product or service before buying it. This is why more than 45% of all businesses that are using video marketing to sell their products admit to having a video explaining their products or services on their home page. Of these businesses that are using videos, more than 83% admit that their homepage video is effective. Aside from these, there are also many other ways why utilizing video ads in your advertisement campaigns can help you:
- Boosts your conversion rates and sales.
- Give higher Return on investment or ROI.
- Build trust within your audience.
- Search engines, like Google and even Facebook’s own built-in search engine, prefer videos to be in their top search results.
- Mobile users also prefer videos to images and other types of ads.
- Video ads also get more exposure than any other form of advertisements due to the high shareability factor in videos.
Tips and tricks for a successful campaign
Here are some tips on how to run a successful advertising campaign on Facebook:
- Make sure to create multiple versions of your ad copy.
- Video ads are essential to winning over your customers so do not forget to use them in your favor.
- Utilize all the demographic targeting features on Facebook to get the best results.
- Make sure that you are creating a lookalike audience with the help of high-value customers.
- Your advertisement frequency should always be below in order to maintain high relevance in the eyes of the customer.
- Since both Google and Facebook tend to prefer mobile-friendly content, make sure that you are always prioritizing mobile-first content. Another reason to make your content mobile-friendly is that around 96% of Facebook users are logged in from their mobile devices.
- Research is key to knowing your audience and knowing your audience of customers is essential to targeting your ads efficiently. Hence, you need to make sure that you know your customer demographic before you begin targeting your ads.
- Do not forget to set a bid cap for your advertisement campaigns or Facebook will keep charging you automatically.
- You need to make sure that your Facebook ad copy is relevant to your visuals like images and videos.
- Do not make your ad too wordy or complex. Keep it simple and short.
- Use the call-to-action feature to your benefit and ensure that your customers are buying your product by monitoring the campaign.
- Use simple and easy-to-understand language for your ads.