A performance max campaign is a goal-based automated campaign type that employs machine learning to provide specific ads with the best bid to optimize campaign performance. Goal-based initiatives should use Performance Max campaigns since they concentrate on locating additional users within the Google Network.
The latter is most likely to convert in accordance with the advertiser’s defined conversion goals. For example, “Sales,” “Leads,” “Website Traffic,” and “Local shop visits and promotions” are the marketing goals that underpin Performance Max campaigns.
Performance max campaigns are designed to maximize your return on investment by automatically optimizing your ad campaigns for maximum results. In order to get the most out of performance max campaigns, it is important to understand when to use them and what benefits they can provide. Read on to find out more about these campaigns.
What is a performance max campaign?
Performance Max is a goal-based campaign which allows advertisers to access the whole Google Ads inventory from a single campaign and increase conversions across Google’s range of advertising channels including Search, Display, Discover, Maps, Gmail, and YouTube.
Performance Max assists you in driving performance based on your stated conversion goals, delivering more conversions and value by optimizing performance in real-time and across channels using Smart Bidding (Google’s AI-driven automated bidding).
Google mentions that an average increase of 13% in ‘total incremental conversions at a similar cost per action’ is identified by Performance Max campaign users. Performance max campaigns also allows you to set a limit on the amount you want to spend each day or each month on your campaign.
How to set up a performance max campaign?
Setting up a performance max campaign is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Ads account and click “Campaigns.”
- Click the “New Campaign” button.
- Select an advertising objective for your campaign.
- Confirm the conversion goals for your campaign.
- Select the “Performance Max” as the campaign type.
- In the budget section, enter the maximum amount that you want to spend each day (or each month).
That’s it! Your campaign is set up and will automatically stop spending when it reaches its daily (or monthly) budget limit.
When to use performance max campaigns?
Performance Max is the best option to use when you:
- Have specific advertising and conversion goals like increasing online sales, lead generation, etc.
- Want to boost the performance of your campaign and aren’t constrained by which channel your ads show on.
- When looking to easily get to people throughout Google’s advertising channels with a single campaign.
- Looking for additional reach and conversion value beyond keyword-based search campaigns.
Why use performance max campaigns?
- Performance max campaigns can help keep your spending under control if your budget is limited.
- Deliver scale and efficiency which can be tough to achieve through Search and Display alone.
- Acts as a Smart Shopping campaign with retargeting and prospecting display ads layered on top.
- Increases online leads and conversions by automating budget and bid optimization across all Google platforms. By automatically optimizing your ad campaigns, performance max campaigns can help you to achieve better results with less effort.
- Assists in the discovery of new, unknown audience segments that can help you get your ads in front of interested shoppers. It helps engage customers across Google’s channel.
This campaign relies on creative assets supplied by advertisers so you can create assets that best suit your audience of shoppers. It allows you to take control of your ad campaigns.
What are Key Features of a Performance Max Campaign in Google Ads?
Based on client intent, selects a landing page to drive the greatest performance for your aim through machine learning.
Has a set of assets which relate to a single theme or audience. Multiple asset groups can be formed per campaign.
Used to alert Google that a portion of users is more likely to convert.
Reporting and Insights:
Describes what machine learning is doing, the signals that are being used, and a breakdown of performance to improve strategy.
Optimizing the performance of Google ads
Follow these tips for a better performance of Google ads:
- Run campaigns for at least 6 weeks. This gives the machine learning algorithm time to build up and collect enough data to compare performance.
- Add a minimum of 5 versions of text assets (4 headlines, 5 descriptions) to the asset group.
- Add a minimum of 5 versions of image assets (include 1200×1200) to the asset group.
- Use as many relevant assets as possible.
- To accelerate machine learning ramp-up, use appropriate audience lists as signals.
- To track video views or cross-device conversions, use Google Ads Conversion Tracking instead of Google Analytics conversion import.
- Manage and improve your Performance Max campaigns using PPC (Pay Per Click) automation.
It lets you control campaigns through machine learning and updates scope, timing, and targeting.
To identify your consumer at the perfect time with professional PPC management for even higher success, Google Ads claims to leverage its best machine learning and attribution technology. It also helps you increase performance in Google Ads at a reasonable price.
By taking all of these factors into account, you can create a performance max campaign that is sure to get results.
Google Automated campaign
Google Ads automation uses machine learning to grow businesses, just like a well-trained search engine.
It measures factors like budget, business goals and conversions to track what you want and optimize the ads for maximum conversion rates. So that you’re always reaching potential customers with relevant offers in their niche.
Performance Max integrates Google’s automation technologies across bidding, budget optimization, audiences, creatives, attribution to increase conversions.
The campaign focuses on goals and uses automated bidding and targeting technologies to assist you in investing your cash more effectively in areas that offer the highest ROI prospects. By using machine learning and automation,
You can now utilize your time on tasks that are more important such as strategic planning and high-impact adjustments, including enhancing creative materials.
“Performance Max campaigns puts your business goals front and center and allows our automation to target your business goals above all else. This is crucial in order to maximize performance from Google Ads!” -Google.
Inputs for Performance Max campaign
When creating a google performance max campaign, there are several inputs that should be considered in order to ensure success. The important inputs for Performance Max campaigns are listed below.
- These campaigns are goal-based so this input is the most important one. Set realistic goals for the campaign and ask yourself what do you want to achieve and how will you measure success.
- To steer the automation and machine learning algorithms in the proper direction, determine the most valued customers with the highest estimated conversion rates. Choose a proper ad format that will get the attention of your target audience.
- Add the best copy, images, and videos to improve campaign performance.
- Highlight the most profitable conversions for the business by applying conversion values and setting value rules.
- Mention the types of content where you don’t want your ads to run.
If you’re looking for a way to squeeze even more out of your Google Ads campaigns, consider using performance max.
Performance max campaigns can be a great way to get the most out of your Google Ads budget. These campaigns use an advanced bidding strategy that can help you get maximum benefits from your ads without sacrificing quality or performance.
It works by automatically setting your bids to the maximum amount that will result in either the best position possible or the most clicks within your budget. These campaigns can also be used on their own to help improve the overall performance of your Google Ads account.
The Head of Global Media Strategy, Deezer mentioned that “Performance Max can be activated quickly and at scale to optimize the web journey and drive more subscriptions. It delivers strong targeting signals for a more competitive CPA and dynamic budget optimization by channel.”
Using performance max can help you achieve better results while spending less money on advertising. Have you tried using performance max in your own Google Ads campaigns? Our team can help you get set up and on your way to better ROI from your Google Ads investment.